Yam (Desi Alu) 1Kg
Yams: Nutritious Vegetable
Yams are a type of starchy tuber vegetable that is native to Africa and Asia. They are a staple food in many tropical and subtropical countries. Yams are typically large and cylindrical, with a brown or purple skin and white, yellow, or orange flesh.
Yams are a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, and vitamins, including potassium, vitamin C, and beta-carotene. They are also low in calories and fat.
Yam: A Nutritious Tuber with Global Appeal
Yams are a type of starchy tuber vegetable also known as Desi Alu In India that is native to Africa and Asia. They are a staple food in many tropical and subtropical countries. These are typically large and cylindrical, with brown or purple skin and white, yellow, or orange flesh.
They come in various shapes and sizes, and their flesh can range in color from white and yellow to purple or reddish. They have a firm and starchy texture and a mildly sweet flavor. They are often used in a variety of culinary applications, such as boiling, frying, roasting, mashing, or grating for use in dishes like yam fries, yam porridge, yam cakes, and more.
Health Benefits for Yam:
– They are a good source of vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are both important nutrients for a healthy immune system.
– They are a good source of potassium, which can help to lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
– They are a good source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for good vision.
– It contain antioxidants that can help to reduce inflammation throughout the body.
– They are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to keep the digestive system healthy and prevent constipation.
– these are low in calories and fat, and they are a good source of fiber, which can help you to feel full and satisfied.
Yams are a versatile vegetable that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. So find a way to add more yams to your diet and reap the many health benefits that they have to offer.